In full awareness of its responsibilities as a good corporate citizen, the Marubeni Group will make every effort to simultaneously pursue both a prosperous society and environmental conservation, while aiming to achieve the sustainable development of society.
As a global corporate entity that engages in diverse business activities across a broad range of sectors, the Marubeni Group will observe the following principles it has established for environmental conservation.
1. All business activities will be conducted in consideration of their possible impact on the environment. To this end, appropriate efforts will be made in cooperation with stakeholders to preserve the environment and reduce potential environmental impacts, including pollution, focusing on the four themes below:
- Compliance with international and local applicable environmental guidelines, laws and regulations, and agreed requirements.
- Taking measures as necessary to reduce environmental impacts and prevent pollution, particularly in launching new projects and altering existing projects; Taking appropriate steps to mitigate global warming and preserve biodiversity.
- Facilitating resource and energy conservation, waste reduction, green procurement, and increases in operational efficiency.
- Promoting business projects, offering products and services, and building social systems that help protect and improve the environment.
2. In keeping with this Environmental Policy, the Marubeni Group's Environmental Management System will be regularly reviewed for improvement.
3. This Environmental Policy will be shared with all Marubeni Group officers and employees, employees of the Group's business partners, and the public.