- GAS DISTRIBUTION IN PORTUGAL - 29/07/2016
- NEW VESSEL FOR OFFSHORE WIND INSTALLATION - 20/11/2015
- INAUGURATION OF OFFSHORE WIND FARM IN UK - 02/07/2015
- 2ND ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROJECT - 05/03/2015
- PROJECT FINANCING FOR WESTERMOST ROUGH - 11/08/2014
- WATER BUSINESS IN PORTUGAL, BRAZIL - 25/06/2014
- FOURTH SEAJACKS VESSEL COMPLETED - 03/06/2014
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROJECT IN FRANCE - 24/09/2013
- INVESTMENT IN MAINSTREAM RENEWABLE POWER - 05/08/2013
- POWER ASSETS IN PORTUGAL - 05/08/2013
- UK OFFSHORE WIND POWER CONSTRUCTION FIRM - 19/03/2012
- TIE-UP WITH SPANISH FIRM FOR RICE SALES - 14/09/2011
- UK Offshore Wind Farm - 02/09/2011
- ISO GOLD AWARD - 04/02/2011
- Partnership with French logistics company - 11/05/2010
- Oil Find in UK North Sea - 04/11/2009
- Registered Lloyd’s Broker - 10/06/2009
- Carbon Credit Agreement - 15/05/2009
- Diesel Engine Distribution - 18/11/2008
- CER transaction on ecx - 17/03/2008
- exploration in UK North Sea - 05/03/2008
- Low carbon accelerator - 19/06/2007
Mar 17, 2008
Marubeni concludes CER transaction on ECX as first Japanese Company
Marubeni Corporation (“Marubeni”) announced today that, as the first Japanese Company, it concluded transactions in CERs (Certified Emission Reduction units – emissions credit under the Kyoto Protocol) on the opening date ,of ECX’s CER futures contract. The European Climate Exchange (ECX) is the world’s largest exchange for trading emissions.
ECX launched trading in futures contracts for EUAs (EU Allowances – emissions credits under the EU Emissions Trading Scheme) in April 2005 and volumes has since increased dramatically: in 2007, 981 million tonnes of EUAs traded. More than 80 major European and international companies are members of ECX.
ECX launched its CER futures contract on March 14th 2008 and it is estimated to stimulate interest in emissions trading both globally and within the existing EU market.
Marubeni joined ECX in September 2007 in order to enhance its capabilities in procurement and supply of emissions credits. Marubeni is taking measures to tackle global warming issues and explores various procurement and supply sources of emissions credits in order to meet the market’s diversifying needs.
For more news about Marubeni, please visitwww.marubeni.com