- Marubeni obtains CFC status - 05/04/2017
- GAS DISTRIBUTION IN PORTUGAL - 29/07/2016
- NEW VESSEL FOR OFFSHORE WIND INSTALLATION - 20/11/2015
- INAUGURATION OF OFFSHORE WIND FARM IN UK - 02/07/2015
- 2ND ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROJECT - 05/03/2015
- PROJECT FINANCING FOR WESTERMOST ROUGH - 11/08/2014
- WATER BUSINESS IN PORTUGAL, BRAZIL - 25/06/2014
- FOURTH SEAJACKS VESSEL COMPLETED - 03/06/2014
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROJECT IN FRANCE - 24/09/2013
- INVESTMENT IN MAINSTREAM RENEWABLE POWER - 05/08/2013
- POWER ASSETS IN PORTUGAL - 05/08/2013
- UK OFFSHORE WIND POWER CONSTRUCTION FIRM - 19/03/2012
- TIE-UP WITH SPANISH FIRM FOR RICE SALES - 14/09/2011
- UK Offshore Wind Farm - 02/09/2011
- ISO GOLD AWARD - 04/02/2011
- Partnership with French logistics company - 11/05/2010
- Oil Find in UK North Sea - 04/11/2009
- Registered Lloyd’s Broker - 10/06/2009
- Carbon Credit Agreement - 15/05/2009
- Diesel Engine Distribution - 18/11/2008
- CER transaction on ecx - 17/03/2008
- exploration in UK North Sea - 05/03/2008
- Low carbon accelerator - 19/06/2007
June 19, 2007
Marubeni Sponsors Europe’s Only Low Carbon and Renewable Energy Business Accelerator Company
Marubeni Europe plc, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation, Japan, has entered into a sponsorship contract with LIFE, the Sheffield-based business accelerator which develops low carbon and renewable energy technology companies in order to realise their market potential.
This sponsorship will enable Marubeni to join LIFE’s Technology Advisory Board and be involved with LIFE’s accelerator programme for emerging companies. LIFE offers technical and commercial support as well as access to funding to help companies develop new technologies from the invention stage through to commercial production.
LIFE has an impressive track record of enabling these companies to grow, including Voller Energy and ITM Power’s AIM flotations and one Toronto stock exchange float.
Marubeni Europe plc is the second company to become a Foundation Partner of LIFE, joining E.ON UK, which signed a sponsorship contract in 2006.
Graeme Francis of Marubeni’s London office said: “This sponsorship supports LIFE’s aim to expand its centre of excellence in the field of new renewable energy and low carbon-related technologies.
“It also gives Marubeni early access to a portfolio of exciting technology companies whose products have applications in industries worldwide.”
LIFE chief executive Philip Johnson said: “By welcoming Marubeni onboard, LIFE is forming a strong partnership with one of the world’s most successful trading companies.
“A sponsorship of this nature demonstrates the scope for cooperation with Marubeni, who both support what we are already achieving, and see great potential from a future relationship that will bring many new products to market.
“We provide a proven system to guide fledgling concerns towards producing marketable projects and business plans. The companies with which we are already working intend to develop fuel cells, utilise wind, wave and solar power, and exploit a whole range of energy sources for the future.”
For more news about Marubeni, please visitwww.marubeni.com