- Marubeni obtains CFC status - 05/04/2017
- GAS DISTRIBUTION IN PORTUGAL - 29/07/2016
- NEW VESSEL FOR OFFSHORE WIND INSTALLATION - 20/11/2015
- INAUGURATION OF OFFSHORE WIND FARM IN UK - 02/07/2015
- 2ND ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROJECT - 05/03/2015
- PROJECT FINANCING FOR WESTERMOST ROUGH - 11/08/2014
- WATER BUSINESS IN PORTUGAL, BRAZIL - 25/06/2014
- FOURTH SEAJACKS VESSEL COMPLETED - 03/06/2014
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROJECT IN FRANCE - 24/09/2013
- INVESTMENT IN MAINSTREAM RENEWABLE POWER - 05/08/2013
- POWER ASSETS IN PORTUGAL - 05/08/2013
- UK OFFSHORE WIND POWER CONSTRUCTION FIRM - 19/03/2012
- TIE-UP WITH SPANISH FIRM FOR RICE SALES - 14/09/2011
- UK Offshore Wind Farm - 02/09/2011
- ISO GOLD AWARD - 04/02/2011
- Partnership with French logistics company - 11/05/2010
- Oil Find in UK North Sea - 04/11/2009
- Registered Lloyd’s Broker - 10/06/2009
- Carbon Credit Agreement - 15/05/2009
- Diesel Engine Distribution - 18/11/2008
- CER transaction on ecx - 17/03/2008
- exploration in UK North Sea - 05/03/2008
- Low carbon accelerator - 19/06/2007
November 4, 2009
Marubeni announces oil discovery in UK North Sea
Marubeni North Sea Limited ("Marubeni", a wholly owned subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation) has successfully completed exploration and appraisal drilling in the UK Central North Sea with its partner, Talisman Energy (UK) Limited ("Talisman", a wholly owned subsidiary of Talisman Energy Inc., one of Canada’s largest upstream oil companies).
Marubeni and Talisman drilled the Shaw well, together with two appraisal sidetracks, in Block 22/22a and made a discovery which is estimated to contain oil-in-place in the region of 100million barrels. The first sidetrack tested at a constrained rate of 7,700 bopd of 42 degree API crude oil.
Marubeni has a 41.03% working interest in the Shaw discovery with Talisman holding the remaining 58.97%.
Marubeni and Talisman have now drilled three prospects, Cayley, Godwin and Shaw, in the Montrose/Arbroath area, and successfully discovered oil and gas in all three. Marubeni and Talisman are currently evaluating development options for these discoveries.
The successful results from the Montrose/Arbroath area exploration campaign will provide impetus for Marubeni’s future growth in the UK North Sea.
For more news about Marubeni, please visitwww.marubeni.com