- GAS DISTRIBUTION IN PORTUGAL - 29/07/2016
- NEW VESSEL FOR OFFSHORE WIND INSTALLATION - 20/11/2015
- INAUGURATION OF OFFSHORE WIND FARM IN UK - 02/07/2015
- 2ND ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROJECT - 05/03/2015
- PROJECT FINANCING FOR WESTERMOST ROUGH - 11/08/2014
- WATER BUSINESS IN PORTUGAL, BRAZIL - 25/06/2014
- FOURTH SEAJACKS VESSEL COMPLETED - 03/06/2014
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROJECT IN FRANCE - 24/09/2013
- INVESTMENT IN MAINSTREAM RENEWABLE POWER - 05/08/2013
- POWER ASSETS IN PORTUGAL - 05/08/2013
- UK OFFSHORE WIND POWER CONSTRUCTION FIRM - 19/03/2012
- TIE-UP WITH SPANISH FIRM FOR RICE SALES - 14/09/2011
- UK Offshore Wind Farm - 02/09/2011
- ISO GOLD AWARD - 04/02/2011
- Partnership with French logistics company - 11/05/2010
- Oil Find in UK North Sea - 04/11/2009
- Registered Lloyd’s Broker - 10/06/2009
- Carbon Credit Agreement - 15/05/2009
- Diesel Engine Distribution - 18/11/2008
- CER transaction on ecx - 17/03/2008
- exploration in UK North Sea - 05/03/2008
- Low carbon accelerator - 19/06/2007
September 14, 2011
Marubeni signs Letter of Intent with Europe's largest trader of polished rice
Marubeni Corporation ("Marubeni") and Ebro Foods, S.A. ("Ebro"), a leading rice trader, have signed a Letter of Intent to collaborate on selling rice from Cambodia to Europe, North America and North Africa.
Ebro Group, headquartered in Madrid, Spain, is Europe's largest trader of polished rice, with over 60 brands and sales of 1.5 million tonnes a year throughout the world, mainly in the EU, USA, Canada, Asian countries and North Africa. Ebro operates 7 factories in Spain, as well as facilities in the USA, Egypt, Thailand and elsewhere around the world.
Ebro is also a major manufacturer of pasta, and owns the leading brand in France, Germany and North America.
Marubeni is aiming to establish a base for long-grain rice exports from Asia, particularly Cambodia, while Ebro is looking to secure stable supply sources in Asia. By strengthening their relationship, the two firms aim to respond to the growing global demand for rice.
<Ebro Foods, S.A.>
Headquarters: Paseo de la Castellana 20, Madrid, Spain
Capital: 2,004.866 million euro
Outline of Business: rice, pasta and pasta related products
For more news about Marubeni, please visitwww.marubeni.com